Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get H1B visa stamped in Canada while in US on B1/B2

Hi,

I searched the forum but could find solution for my problem... would appreciate some help.

I have got the approval for my H1B application this year and I want to apply for Visa Interview around september. My sponsor is in US and had applied for me from here itself (I was working in India then).

I am currently in the US on a B1/B2 on a personal visit and I am allowed to stay till 1st week of Nov (I94 expires then). Currently I am not working and came here from India to join my husband for some time before I start working again. Just wanted to take a break actually

Now I have few questions:
    1. Can I get my H1 stamping done in Canada as that will be convenient for me? Or do I need to travel to India and get stamping done there??? I guess I have a valid reason to be in US now as I was joining my husband (who is already here on H1)

2. Can I get the stamping done in September and enter the US on H1 in sept itself, or do I have to wait until October to enter US on H1.

3. Is there any website or contact number where I can call and confirm before I take the interview date.

4. Is my case a fresh H1B visa case or a transfer case (B1/B2 to H1B)... I am confused about the terminology

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Mat0879; 07-03-2007, 06:55 PM.

B1 to H1

I searched the forum but could find solution for my problem... would appreciate some help.

---- Look thoroughly through the forum(s) and you should find similarities

I have got the approval for my H1B application this year and I want to apply for Visa Interview around september. My sponsor is in US and had applied for me from here itself (I was working in India then).

I am currently in the US on a B1/B2 on a personal visit and I am allowed to stay till 1st week of Nov (I94 expires then). Currently I am not working and came here from India to join my husband for some time before I start working again. Just wanted to take a break actually

Now I have few questions:
    1. Can I get my H1 stamping done in Canada as that will be convenient for me? Or do I need to travel to India and get stamping done there??? I guess I have a valid reason to be in US now as I was joining my husband (who is already here on H1)

---- Ideally it is not possible. At best you can try. But then you are only trying a lottery. If you are rejected, all reasons will be keyed in eith your file and the next interview you might be questioned about these issues

2. Can I get the stamping done in September and enter the US on H1 in sept itself, or do I have to wait until October to enter US on H1.

---- Read above.

3. Is there any website or contact number where I can call and confirm before I take the interview date.

---- NO

4. Is my case a fresh H1B visa case or a transfer case (B1/B2 to H1B)... I am confused about the terminology

---- It is of course a fresh H1B. There is no such thing as transfer from B1/B2 to H1. There is no need to be confused or confuse others

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for reply

Subramanya,

Thanks a ton for your reply...
      Well I think planning my interview in India seems to be the safe option.

Thanks!
      Last edited by Mat0879; 07-04-2007, 03:16 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X