Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa transfer + 1 paystub

Hi All,

I'm currently doing contract work with my H1 employer and I have got 1 paycheck only and I got the fulltime offer now they asked me to submit all my documents along with 3 paycheks and Is it possible for H1 visa transfer with 1 paystub? My entry in to US is just 3 months only. Should I wait for 1 more month till receiving 2 paystubs minimum?

Any idea how many minimum paystubs are must for H1 visa transfer.

Thank you for suggestion and help.

VJP

Hi,

Going by rules, I think minimum of 2 pay stubs are needed. But as most of indian consulting companies (bloodsucking body shoppers) pay you monthly, one pay stub is sifficient sometimes (I have actually seen a case of H1 transfer approved with just 1 pay stub). But what is interesting is I have also seen a case where an employee did not have a single pay stub, but still his case was aproved. Though he had a letter from his company saying so and so person is working with us since such and such dates and his salary is xx amount per year. I think it depends a lot on the attorney who is filing the case. Sometimes, it looks like all they need is a copy of your current I-797.

Please remember, this was not a legal advice.

Comment

Its always better to go with atleast two pay stubs. Yes, you can try your luck with one pay stub. But if they rise any questions your case will be in trouble. Dont invite problem yourself. I was trying for the same and after discussion with some people, I stopped that idea.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X