Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have L1 and H1 Stamped, what happens to my H1 if I travel on L1

hello,

I have L1 stamped for compay A ( for which I am working now) and wants me to go to US on assigment.

But I also have H1 stamped for company B in US (I wanted to join this but got delayed)

If my current company A is giving me good offer and if I go on L1 what will happen to my H1 petition and H1 visa? will my H1 petition will be cancelled ?

Please give me your expert comments. Thanks !

Narendra

Hi ,

That sounds more like me. One year back I also had this situation. Here is what I did (might not be direct answer to your question but may be helpful) :

I travelled on L1 and later changed my status to H1 and joined the old company. The visa stamping will be void but petition is valid. So, if you travel back to your native country , you will have to get the stamping done on H1.

BTw would be more interested in further comments from other experts.

HTH

Comment

L1 and H1

I have L1 stamped for compay A ( for which I am working now) and wants me to go to US on assigment.

But I also have H1 stamped for company B in US (I wanted to join this but got delayed)

If my current company A is giving me good offer and if I go on L1 what will happen to my H1 petition and H1 visa? will my H1 petition will be cancelled ?

---- Your H1 petition will remain valid till the last day of approval unless the employer or you decide to terminate it

---- However, the Visa status you want to work is determined by the I-94 given (or taken by you) at the POE by declaring your intention of working on L1 or H1

---- It is possible that when you are in the US you may apply for a COS, but in your case you already have approved L1 and H1

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X