Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Documents - Names in Certificates

Hi All,
    My wife & kid has got H4 appointment on 25th July 2007 in US consulate Chennai and right now I am in US and came here 5 months back.

1. My name & my wife was not fully printed in our Marriage Certificate and when my wife checked the same with the registrar of mairrages he said the old registrar who registered the marriage is retired and he can't do any change. Other option he said is I need to go back to INDIA and register it again.
    2. My wife's name and my name are completely printed in her passport.
    3.My name was completly printed in my son's passport but my wife name was abbrivated.
    4.My wife's name was abbrivated in my passport and I went to INDIAN consulate, SFO USA, they corrected it and signed it.

It will be great help if somebody can answer below questions ASAP.

Thanks
    Vijay

Affidavit & Notarized Copies

Send notarized copies of the correct name from your passport. Your wife needs to get an affidavit for the mistake in the certificate.

If you have any other corroborating document of your wedding, that will be very helpful.

Good luck.

Comment

Thank you for the response. I will ask my wife to do Affidavit of the name and i will ask either my parents or in laws to sign on it. Do we have any prescribed content for the affidavit

regards
      Vijay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X