Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Interview - Clarifications Required

Hi Friends,

Couple of weeks back my H1B petition got approved and now iam waiting for the documents from my employer to take the appointment with consulate. I have some doubts on H1B documents. Please help me by providing your valuable inputs.

1. All my Academic certificates are laminated one's. I come to know that they verify the certificates using some scanners. Will my laminated certificates does cause problems to me?
    2. Recently i got married and i would like to appear the interview along with my wife. I have marriage certificate. My wife passport contains with new surname(mine) and included my name as spouse.However, in my passport, her name is not included. Does this cause problems to me?

I look forward for your valuable suggestions on these questions.

Thanks in advance, Venu

Spouse name inclusion is must

Hi,

To your first question I have no much idea, the second question you can attend interview at the consulate along with your wife (if your applying H4 visa) she would get H4 visa based on your H1 docs and certainly your spouse name should be included in your passport.

Comment

No need ! Wife name need not be listed on your passport to attend this interview.

Comment

You dont need to have the spouse name on your passport. All you need is a marriage certificate, invitation and marriage photos.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X