h4 for my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 for my wife

guys , im gonna attend my h1 interview in chennai, and I also want to apply h4 for my wife, i dont knw how do i proceed. I mean is it like first i shd get the visa and then book an appnt for my wife for h4 or we both can apply together, what if i get query will her interview b on hold, i dont hav a clue abt it. Can someone suggest me how it goes.. pls advise. im confused guys... tnx in advnc.

Go for the interview together. That way you save a lot of time. Schedule an interview on the VFS site for both of you.

Here are the documents for H4:

1. Marriage certificate;
    2. Copy of principal's H-1B petition, Original I-797, LCA
    3. Wedding invitation and wedding photos;
    4. passport
    5. A letter from the H-1B company confirming the continued employment of the applicant's spouse;
    6. Copy of the principal applicant's work experience letters;
    7. Copy of the principal applicant's offer of employment with the U.S. company; and
    8. If the principal applicant is currently working in the United States on a H-1B visa, then submit pay slips for the current calendar year and federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2s) for all the years in which he or she has been employed in the United States on the H-1B visa.

Comment

Go in pair

Hi friend,
      It is best that both of you go together for the interview. First get a date for yourself and the form shall ask you whether you wish to include any other dependents, for which you can enter the details of your spouse.

I had recently finished my H1 as well as H4 stamping at Chennai. It saves you a lot of time and paper work if both partners appear together for the interview. In my case, the VO did not even look at my wife and children (They are beautiful, though).

All the best.

Comment

hello friend

mine is little bit different my husband got h1b stamping in germany last week which he applied in april 2007 and he is comming to india august 1 week 2007 but my questions are
        1)am i eligible for applying h4 visa in september 2007 when my husband comes to india with all documents ........... so that we both enter to usa in october 2 week
        2)will the VO asks about paystubs and taxpapers
        3)at the time of interview of h4 visa can i enter along with my husband in the chennai usconsulate
        3) and regarding bank balanace how much should my husband should show indian bank balance for supporting spouse (maxmimum amount)

Comment

Originally posted by laxmireddy
          hello friend

mine is little bit different my husband got h1b stamping in germany last week which he applied in april 2007 and he is comming to india august 1 week 2007 but my questions are
          1)am i eligible for applying h4 visa in september 2007 when my husband comes to india with all documents ........... so that we both enter to usa in october 2 week
          2)will the VO asks about paystubs and taxpapers
          3)at the time of interview of h4 visa can i enter along with my husband in the chennai usconsulate
          3) and regarding bank balanace how much should my husband should show indian bank balance for supporting spouse (maxmimum amount)
          Give a little bit credit to The VO's they cannot ask for paystubs etc when he has not started working yet.

he cannot enter with you, you will have to go alone. You will take basically all the documents he took, plus overwhelming documentation proving you marriage.

It is always better to go together for stamping as they can see you together and make judgments about the relationships plus less headache.

Do take a letter of support from his employer.

Earlier post has a good list of documentation

Comment

but friend ...my husband already got h1 b visa stamping last week in germany which he applied in this current year 2007 april ..........will there be any problem in applying for h4 visa in september 2007 as i couldnt be in germany with my husband as i recently completed my post graduate in inida ?(hyderabad) please reply sooon i am so confused

will the VO at US consulate says to apply or h4 visa only after my husband goes to USA? will he say that ???

Comment

I saw that and thats why i said you will have to go alone and your hsband cannot accompany you.
              What i said was that it would have been better had you two gone together. I also mentioned all the documents you will need.

Comment

Have to do it alone

Hi,

As the seniors have rightly pointed out, you need to do it alone, since your spouse has already obtained his H1B visa.

Carry all relevant documents. The VO's job is to ascertain that you are the H1B holder's wife and you need to do everything to prove this with required supportive documents.

All the best.

Comment

ok thank you very much
                  but friend i need the list of documents which supports me by my husband visa
                  at the time of h4 visa interview please list out documents

thanking u laxmi

Comment

read through the answers to your post again you will see the list

leifbo**** already did.

Read slowly and carefully.

Comment

Valid dates (Start date) entered wrong in I539 form(H4)

Hi,

I have an appointment on July 23rd 2007 at mexico for H1 stamping,
                      On my wife h4 approval notice they enetered start date wrongly (07/18/2008 to 11/15/2008) it suppose to be 07/18/2006, we both are going for staping.........my case (H1B) is okay i have every thing correct.

I requested USCIS to change it and they submitted for request and they gave me Reference number for request.

My question is : is it okay to go for stamping for my wife.

Pls help me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X