Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H 1 B Transfer

Hello!,
    I was working with Company A and have my H 1 B and I -94 valid thru 2009. Recently I changed to Company B and they transferred my H 1 B.

My question is should I go get a new VISA either in Mexico or Canada since I am going to my home country in August for few weeks or having a previous VISA and valid I -94 good enough as long as I show the filed paperwork and approved I 797.

PLease let me know.

Regards.

Im in the same situation

Hi there,

Even I'm in the same situation, I gor my H1 transfered from comp X to Comp Y and my I94 is valid thru 2009. As Im planing to visit my home country need to check if re stamping is needed.

Few suggested me to get it restamped and few said until u have the docs to show in our immigration (I94 & I797)you are ok. The senior guys and all the people inthis site, pls help us with your suggestions and experience.

Thanks
    Leo

Comment

the H1 stamp is not dependent on the employer as long as the stamp is valid you are fine if you were approved I797A that is with a new I-94.

Even when you travel abroad you can reenter without issues showing the new I-797.
      Check FAQs on consulate site they say the same thing.

Comment

pls tel us the link

Thankyou for your response. So as I would be carrying my new approved I797 and as my passport has a valid visa till 2009 .. Im good right.. Glad to hear. Could you pls let me know the link where it says. I tried to search the cousulate site but could not see it. Would appreciate your help.

Thanks
        Leo

Comment

Thanks a lot...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X