severance for h1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• severance for h1B

I am coming to end of H1B after 6 years. My employer was going through process of obtaining GC but stopped due to cost.
    They paid all flights and relocation costs to get us here.
    Now they are letting the visa expire with no plan to locate us back home.
    I am sure I can report or even start litigation due to them falsifying documents to get me here in the first place. ( They stated that I was a current employee in europe ). Obviously they were desperate to get me here, but now after downturn, I'm probably excess to requirements.
    I have pleaded for severance because we have no money. (only a home we cannot sell). Owner of company is ignoring pleas.
    So should I reveal this ace up my sleeve and suggest implicating the owner and his lawyer for submitting false government documents. ( the fine is $10,000 or 5 years, so not too small)
    any help appreciated

If they falsified documents, you were equally responsible for that, unless they did so without your knowledge. Did you not work in US based on those false documents false experience and earned salary etc for 6 years? So its not possible that they used false documents without your knowledge. There are good chances that a legal proceeding might boomerang at you.
    And lastly and most importantly, it is cheats like you and your employer are the ones who have made the H1B and employment based immigration scenario as rotten as it is today.

Comment

gc's out of question

gc's out of question for you anyway. all your information and documents will be verified at source and any and all falsofications will be used against you directly, not only squashing your gc application but also cancelling your h1.

in other words you'll not be allowed to work in the united states and will have to return to your country of origin immediately

sorry, you screwed up big time

Comment

Originally posted by orion
        If they falsified documents, you were equally responsible for that, unless they did so without your knowledge. Did you not work in US based on those false documents false experience and earned salary etc for 6 years? So its not possible that they used false documents without your knowledge. There are good chances that a legal proceeding might boomerang at you.
        And lastly and most importantly, it is cheats like you and your employer are the ones who have made the H1B and employment based immigration scenario as rotten as it is today.
        Orion
        For your information I did not cheat, I am very well qualified and was here on a business visa with my own company. The company in us wanted me permanently and basically conned me into this situation. So thanks for your comments, but you are gravely wrong about me.
        I am sorry if your indian friends are having a hard time from the americans, but that is not my fault.
        So unless you have something constructive, keep it buttoned.

Comment

The fact that you agreed to have **** resume and **** experience the past 6 years has put you in a tight spot now. So taking the employer to court can be an issue. They will mostly come back saying that you agreed to it and you were also paid. You have drawn pay-checks from this guy which means you were in agreement of his schemes. Best is to just return, too bad you had to do this and it has landed you in this situation. I am going to agree with Orion on the fact that its because of these consulting companies that it has made things hard for the rest of the HONEST people with GENUINE resume's.
          Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X