Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Petition rejected

Hi,

I did my MS here and presently on OPT ( OPT is valid till May 14th, 2008 ). Today I got news that my H1B petition was rejected ( still dint know on what grounds they did it ).

Do I have an option to re-submit the application? Is H1B quota still there for people who did their Masters here in US?

Please guide me.

Best Regards,
    Rambb.

your only option is to appeal the decision

Comment

Your OPT is valid for long enough for you to apply for H1B again in next years 2008 quota. And you will be counted against advanced degree quota, so thats an advantage. Also, I did not understand why you are in such a hurry to be on H1 status becuse if you work on OPT status, you will save so much money which you will lose if on H1 status. I am talking about tax exemption for students working on OPT. Anyway, I might be missing something. Or you just did it 'coz it did not occur to you, its just your call. I would say relax, enjoy your new job and save money until April 2008 and then apply for your H1B through your employer.

Mods/Senior members, please reply to this post if I went wrong anywhere in my suggestion above.

Comment

I agree with Orion. Make full use of your OPT. Under OPT, you can work for any employer. Look for jobs in a companies like Cognizant, Infosys, TCS. If they are willing to sponsor your H1, join them now. Since your OPT is valid till May 2008 and H1 would begin only in Oct 2008, you would need to return to India. Negotiate with them before joining asking if you can work in their India branch office until your H1 gets valid from May 2008 until Oct 2008 and then move you back here.

Comment

Thanks for agreeing, Leifgoober.

OP, I would like to add that your options are open to join any company and you are not restricted to join only desi BPO and desi cosulting companies. You can join companies based here.

I am sure Leifgoober did not mean that you can join only these companies, but I just wanted to clarify and make clear that your options are open. Thanks all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X