Need some Information regarding H1-B Visa Appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Information regarding H1-B Visa Appointment

I had a query regarding whether am i eligible for appearing H1-B Visa Appointment in US Embassy(Delhi).
    This is the first time that i am applying for H1-B Visa.
    I am residing in Andhra Pradesh for the past six months and above.
    I have not been denied or refused any visa till now. I am fluent in English.

Please let me know that with this above requirements am i eligible for appearing H1-B Visa Appointment in US Embassy(Delhi).

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks in Advance..

Why in New Delhi? I think AP falls under the jurisdiction of consulate at Chennai. So you have to appear at Chennai consulate. I have seen at some update news that if u are going to interview in english you can appear anywhere. But I have also seen exactly similar posts here, ppl from AP going over to New DElhi and the at one instance consular officer remarked "why have you come here rather than chennai? you think getting a visa here is easy?" and was sent back to appear at chennai. So its ur call, you can also wait for other members for a confirmatory reply. But if you have been living in AP for last 6 months and more then why do you want to appear at New Delhi?

Comment

Hi,

Your best bet is to appear at Chennai.
      I too was denied and it creates an impression that Chennai is screwing people's visa up and Delhi is a dumb one.

You take the call, any way.
      All the best.

Comment

I think its because more people appearing at Chennai with **** degrees and documents.

They have been strict for a long long time.

I base this on several people appearing on this forum asking for help and advice about **** documentation.

Plus since most IT companies are based in Bangalore/Hyderabad there seem to be more applicants from there and more thus more fraud.

Including **** parents and wives'

Did you hear about the racket where the GC holders will ask a H1 to bring their wife as his H4 to avoid the delays.

Comment

How this is possible as they need to show marriage certificate, photo and invitation....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X