Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 & H4 Appointments in Chennai.

Hi,

Thanks before hand for all the replies I am going to get for my query.

1. Can I take visa appointment for me for H1 and my wife and daughter on H4 at the same time? Is it advisable to have all in one. I am working inthe U.S and I have continous pay stub from Aug.2006 onwards and my H1B started from Oct. 2006. Is it advisable for have both H1 & H4 appointment at one time.
    Note: I have a son who is born U.S. Citizen.

2.. I have taken an H1B visa stamping appointment in Chennai on 14th Aug. Can I add my wife and daughter (H4 visa stamping) with my appointment as I did not get appointment for them.

3. Does any one wants to cancel H1 or H4 appointments in Chennai during Aug.3rd and Aug.16th let me know. It will be of great help.

You should take them with you to the appointment it is always better that way.
    you cannot add them to your appointment, better cancel yours and then when you make the appointment and after entering your information when it asks for more applicants you can add your family one at a time.

Comment

Probelm is mine H1 & they are H4 class

Yes you are right.

First the problem is mine is H1 and they are H4.

Second when I cancel the present appointment, chances are I will loose this date too.

Advice me on this
      Originally posted by waitin_toolong
      You should take them with you to the appointment it is always better that way.
      you cannot add them to your appointment, better cancel yours and then when you make the appointment and after entering your information when it asks for more applicants you can add your family one at a time.

Comment

best together

Hi,

It is best that you take your wife and children for H4 stamping, which would save lots of time and documentation for your dependents.

I did H1 for myself and H4 for my dependents in July this year and the VO did not even have a look at my wife and children (They are good looking, though).

In your case, best would be to cancel your appointment and rebook another one, include your dependents so that all of you would go together to the consulate.
        TIP: If you have children who are below 5, you move through the line faster, at least in Chennai.

And using some one else's appointment date or exchange of date is unheard of, atleast by me. The consulate website alone is reliable and it does not allow for switching over.
        All the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X