Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B interview Doubts

Hi
    I am a software engineer, myself and my wifes h1-b got approved for 2008 H1-B caps. We are waiting for the H1-B interview. I have some doubts.

1. My employer told that they got our receipt number, after that the visa department asked for some other documents and they send that also.
    My question is, what are papers(documents) are to be ready for scheduling an visa interview.
    I heard i need I-797 is needed, what all documents i suppose to get from my employer.

2. How many days it will take to get the Physical Receipt from the Visa department, because i came to know my receipt got on June 2nd week.

3. In my passport its not shown that I am married and while i am attending the interview if they asked me whether i am married , do i need to tell that i am married , i have to tell my wife is also is coming to US in h1 ? Do any way it will create a problem ?.

Please advice.

Your employer should give the "reciept" number. I suggest not to hide anything about your wife, just be honest and open. Dont hide anything.
    Not sure on how long the reciept will take but I have known people getting it after 2 months.
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X