Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b

hi all
    iam kavitha iam planning h1 b visa. already i have got h4 stamped in 2004 i stayed in us for 8 months and 2005 april it got expired . and my so called husband cheated me and he left me. i dont know where he is now.... i have planed my self to go there will they ask about my husband deatails in h1 intreview. and my consultant insisted me to put has married rather that separated or divorced cause its not done legally. iam nervioused please help me with ur sugestions.
    [email protected]
    Last edited by kavithapotluri; 07-24-2007, 09:19 AM.

apply for H1

Sorry to know about your situation.

Best would be that you apply for H1 independently, if you get an employer from the US. In no way your personal problems should come your way, and VO would interview your to whether you are fit for the job and not whether you are alone or that your husband is not with you.

After all, US has lots of single mothers and single fathers. Rely only on your strength and your ability to perform well at your work place.
    All the best.

Comment

Being divorced or single doesnt matter and the visa stamping is based on the interview. How you speak and how confident you sound. Why hide details about your maritial status? It is always good to be straight-forward. I agree with Novice on finding a job with a US company. One of the best way to get your H1 is to look for jobs in universities, so look for a job according to your qualifications in a university. Note that universities do not come under the H1-B CAP. They can hire and file for your H1 immediately. They can just say " I want to employ Kavitha on Sept1st", they dont have to wait for oct 1st and all that. I think this will save you some time rather than hang around with some consultant who are full bogus and play a lot of games.
      Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X