Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name wrongly printed in my New H1 papers

Hi,
    Last edited by kalyanramy; 05-26-2010, 12:26 PM.

Your concern about re-entering US is baseless. You are just fine with I797 and I-94 from company B. What I can't understand is even after knowing that your name is printed incorrectly on the I797 notice for 16 months, you did not bother. But now when you are about to make a trip to your home country and need to goto the consulate, you are fretting. What a pity.
    There are many ways to start of a fix for this, but finally you'll need to send a mail (preferably registered, or certified) to USCIS telling them about the mistake and asking them to issue you a new one, copies of old and new I-797 and other supporting documents included. If a lawyer from company B helped you with immigration matters, its best to get in touch with them.

Not a legal advice.
    Last edited by orion; 07-26-2007, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Sorry for not being clear in my last post. I meant to say that with new I797 you will be able to get a new visa stamp in your passport, which will be valid for the duration mentioned on new I797, or in some cases for next 3 years. Please note that you WILL HAVE TO get a new visa stamp and you cannot re-enter US with your old visa stamp.

I do not have an answer to how long it will take to get a corrected I797 form USCIS, but a simple thumb rule is start proceedings as soon as possible to get it corrected. You have already delayed way too long.

Comment

Hi
        generally, for correcting the name in I-797, it will take 3-4 weeks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X