H4 visa query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa query

Posted by Shravani (Kochi, Kerala, India) on 07/26/2007 at 10:07:05 AM in Experiences section

hi!!

i got married on 12th april 2007.On 19th april went to chennai consulate for my H4 visa.....

but the visa officer issued me a 221(g) blue form to submit additional documents via drop box using vfs services at hyderabad.

the visa officer wrote on the blue form to submit a letter from my husbands employer explaining difference in income between w2s for 2005 and 2006.

the employer is taking time to give an explanation letter for difference in the w2's.

i have heard from some one that in these situations the employer will
    Hesitate to give any such explanation letter as there company will be black listed and they might even cancel my husbands H1b status.

Is it true? i would like to know why the employer is taking time to issue a letter.In case if the employer refuses to give an explanation letter when can i reapply for my H4visa....what is the alternative for this situation

how best we can answer this question and please help me in resolving this problem

please let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks in advance
    Shravani
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Posted by XYZ (USA) on 07/26/2007) at 12:08:04 PM in Experiences section

The employer can give the letter explaing the differences in the w2s. First thing is that the employer should have a clean record. If he gives perfect explanation and visa officer satisfies u can get visa easily.

Based on this i dont think an employer will cancel ur husbands H1B status.

If it is an American Company and after completing ur project if u dont get another project then the company may cancel the H1B of that person. But there is a Grace period up to 2 months.

If it is a desi company then they will not cancel the H1B status if u r in bench period.

So ask ur husbands employer for the explanation.

Since it is H4 visa u can attend again.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X