221g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g

Posted by Abhi (Hyderabad) on 07/25/2007 at 08:11:12 AM in Experiences section

On Dec2006 i have attended interview at chennai consulate.VO asked me abt the technologies on which i am currently wkng on.. i said microsoft .NET in my papers it was written as asp.net,vb.net,c#...if she would asked me i would have explained that all this come under Microsoft .NET but simply she gave me a white paper and asked to write the tech on which currently i am working.i wrote MIcrosoft.NET,Jscript,Sqlserver etc...

i dont know what VO thought simply issued me a 221g admin processing..... after 7 months i got a reply from consulate saying that they are reconsidering my case and asked me to send the photocopies of my educational cert, exp letters, ds forms,passport,LCA and asked me to send it thru VFS drop box i have sent it and again i got my passport back with blue form which was written that they are returned to USCIS for furthur review and USCIS will contact my petitioner.

Can anyone tell me what is going to happen next... has anyone faced a similar situation???

Am i going to get my papers back or i shld think that my papers got rejected????

Thx in Advance.........
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Posted by XYZ (USA) on 07/25/2007 at 04:51:02 PM in Experiences section

If ur papers have been sent to USCIS u can not do any thing. When USCIS clears ur case it will forward it to DOS( Department of State) or DHS ( Department of Homeland security). I think it may take a year or more to process.

Any way ask ur employer to follow up the case.

Few persons got visas after this process.
    Immihelp Support

Comment

Posted by Abhi (Hyd) on 07/26/2007 at 07:59:03 AM in Experiences section

Hi XYZ,

Thanks a lot for the Reply.

In 221g they wrote that they are Reconsidering my Case.earlier i had no hopes.but after receiving this letter i thought may be i will have a chance to get my papers back......my doubt is in dec2006 they gave 221g admin processing after 7 months they asked me to send photocopies of edu cert,exp letters....my doubt is whether it was consulate in india who have reconsidered my case or it was USCIS who has the authority of reconsidering it????

Thanks
      Abhi
      Immihelp Support

Comment

Posted by XYZ (USA) on 07/26/2007 at 08:28:19 AM in Experience section

Why do u ask such silly questions. Why dont u see the address in the letter or the mail which they had sent to u. Folow accordingly to that.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

Posted Abhi (Hyd) on 07/26/2007 at 12:25:56 PM in Experiences section

Come on XYZ....of course it came from consulate in india..i was asking abt the decision????

whether it was consulates decision or USCIS decision abt reconsidering my case......
          Immihelp Support

Comment

Posted by XYZ(USA) on 07/26/2007 at 12:45:06 PM in Experiences section

If ur case has been sent to USCIS then after processing there it will be sent to DOS or DHS. These people after clearing ur case they will send a notice to the consulate to re open the case and call for the visa.

Some times consulate people will reopen some of the cases and ask for few more documents for checking.

If u get a mail from USCIS then we can think that they had processed and cleared.

But in ur case u just got it from consulate. so we donno and cant predict who has reopened.

Just prepare the documents which they have asked and be ready for the interview or send them by courier and wait for their response again.

All the Best for ur visa
            Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X