H1 Query -- Given 221(g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Query -- Given 221(g)

Posted by ABC(Hyd, AP, India) on 08/01/2007 at 11:17:06 AM in Experiences section

Hi,

I have attended the chennai consulate on july 31st and was given 221g for not being able to submit Unemployment wages report. The VO asked me to drop all the document in the Drop Box and not attend the interview. In the blue form given to me the VO asked me to submit my I797 and DS forms. Now, I have a question and hope that some one can help me resolve it. My questions are:

1. Do i have to again type the new DS forms in the VFS site and send them in which case they will have a different barcode generated

2. Do we have to send them original I-797 document or the copy of it will work.

3. Also, how long does it usually take for them to respond once we submitt all the documents?

Please help me get an answer for the above questions.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Documents

I have attended the chennai consulate on july 31st and was given 221g for not being able to submit Unemployment wages report. The VO asked me to drop all the document in the Drop Box and not attend the interview. In the blue form given to me the VO asked me to submit my I797 and DS forms. Now, I have a question and hope that some one can help me resolve it. My questions are:

1. Do i have to again type the new DS forms in the VFS site and send them in which case they will have a different barcode generated

---- No, The DS forms are already submitted. They are looking for the rest of the documents are listed on the blue form

2. Do we have to send them original I-797 document or the copy of it will work.

---- Yes, if you want your Visa, you have to send in the original I-797 and not a copy

3. Also, how long does it usually take for them to respond once we submitt all the documents?

---- Be patient. It all depends on how they view your documents. Normal time is 6-8 weeks. But no guarantees

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X