Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to be in the US to file for an H1B Extension ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to be in the US to file for an H1B Extension ??

Due to unavoidable reasons, I'm out of the US presently. My H1B work permit and visa expires in Oct of this year. I don't plan to come back to the US before Dec of 2007.

My company's lawyers tell me that I need to be physically present in the US in order for them to file for my H1B Extension.

Is that really true? If not, can someone point me to a link on INS's website that contradicts this? Or just a way to prove to them that that's not true?

Thanks very much for your help.
    Last edited by bugskumar; 08-02-2007, 07:48 PM. Reason: Incomplete

H1 Extension

Due to unavoidable reasons, I'm out of the US presently. My H1B work permit and visa expires in Oct of this year. I don't plan to come back to the US before Dec of 2007.

My company's lawyers tell me that I need to be physically present in the US in order for them to file for my H1B Extension.

Is that really true? If not, can someone point me to a link on INS's website that contradicts this? Or just a way to prove to them that that's not true?

Thanks very much for your help

---- Yes, you need to be physically present in the US for the extension. Your lawyers are telling you the right thing

Subramanya

Comment

Yes you need to be in US at the time of filing your H1B extn...

and one more thing that i have heard is that you need to be in US until your H1B gets extended by USCIS...you can't leave in the middle while the extn is in progress....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X