Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reg. Query towards 221(g) for H4 visa, Senior Members - please clarify..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg. Query towards 221(g) for H4 visa, Senior Members - please clarify..

Hi,

I got my H1B visa stamped in Nov-2006 in Chennai, but I couldn't get into US as soon as I got the H1 visa due to many personal reasons. I got married in April-07 and later then decided to avail the US opportunity. My Employer was fine with that and thereafter I had my Wife to go for her H4 stamping. During her H4 visa interview, she was given a Blue sheet stating that her H4 status has been kept in 221(g) section seeking for the below mentioned documents to be submitted in the Chennai VFS dropbox once she has all of them with her.

I happened to come into US in the 1st week of June-07, was on bench for 1 month and got a Project in the 1st week of July. I joined the Client and started my Project work there and is in progress now.

Documents sought by the Embassy for my Wife's H4 visa
    =====================================================
    1) Filled in DS-156 & DS-157 forms
    2) Photocopy of my Passport & I-94
    3) Original I-797 & I-129
    4) LCA
    5) Three Monthly PayStubs
    6) Three Monthly Bank Statements
    7) Photos of my workplace in US

I have the following queries about the above mentioned documents and would request your clarifications towards submitting them in the VFS dropbox.

One of my colleagues over here is a Notary person and so I can get all the photocopies of my documents notarized as well.

1) Would the Notarized Photocopies of my I-797, LCA, Monthly Pay Stubs be fine enough for submission or that the Original forms of the same as the VO has asked need to be submitted?

2) When I received all the H1 papers for my H1 stamping from them, I didn't get the original I-129 form from my Employer whereas they just sent me the notarized I-129 form. When I asked them about it here, they reverted to me saying that nobody would have I-129 original papers on hand as that is the H1 Petition application form which was filed for me. Would like to know whether this answer is correct or not?

3) If the 2nd point as above is correct, would the photocopies of this notarized I-129 form papers be OK for submission?

4) During the H4 visa interview, the VO has told my Wife that 2 months Paystubs & Bank Statements of mine would suffice for submission. However he has marked in the Blue sheet seeking for 3 months of my Pay stubs & Bank Statements. I discussed with my Employer about this confusion. He suggested me to go ahead with 2 months of PayStubs & Bank stmts itself and he added that he can give me a Letter stating that I am continuing confirmed employment with him and I'll be receiving the 3rd month Pay stub in another month time. I'm pretty skeptical on how to proceed in this aspect.

I'd like to know that along with all the notarized photocopies of my H1 papers, would it be fine if my wife submits the notarized photocopies of 2 months of my Paystubs & Bank Statements or should she do only with 3 months of my Paystubs & Bank statements as what is marked in that Blue sheet?

5)Regarding the requirement for Photos of my Workplace in US, should the photocopies of my Employer's Office location or the Client's Office Location be submitted?

6) Should my Wife need to submit her Passport also in the VFS dropbox - If her Passport is not needed for submission, would the Embassy people notify her that her Passport is needed once they are done with the verification of my documents whichever submitted?

7) With reference to the DS-156 & DS-157 forms, can she submit the same already filled in forms which she took for her visa interview or she got to take newly filled in forms?

8) Does she need to submit the HDFC barcode receipt along with the submission of these docs or that can be submitted later if in case Passport can be submitted after the verification of my documents?

I please request you to kindly pour in your inputs for these queries from all your experiences.

Thank you.

Edit your post so that a reply can be framed in few words

Subramanya

Comment

Hi Subramanya,

I repent for the lengthy lines. Have re-phrased them in a brief manner as below.

The Blue sheet has been issued to my wife saying that her H4 visa case is kept in 221(g) section and she is asked to submit my 3 months paystubs and bank statements along with my original H1 papers. My queries are:

1) Want to know whether my wife can submit just 2 paystubs & bank stmts of mine + a letter from my employer that am continuing employment with him still

2) Can she submit photocopies of all the requested H1 docs or is it that the originals need to be submitted

Please suggest in this regard.

Thank you.

Comment

H4 issues

Hi Subramanya,

I repent for the lengthy lines. Have re-phrased them in a brief manner as below.

The Blue sheet has been issued to my wife saying that her H4 visa case is kept in 221(g) section and she is asked to submit my 3 months paystubs and bank statements along with my original H1 papers. My queries are:

1) Want to know whether my wife can submit just 2 paystubs & bank stmts of mine + a letter from my employer that am continuing employment with him still

---- If the VO has asked for 3 paystubs then do that. do not cut short or do anything else.

2) Can she submit photocopies of all the requested H1 docs or is it that the originals need to be submitted

---- If they have asked for the originals then submit them. Normally they ask for the original of the I-797 for H4, if your wife has one. Confirm this matter with an attorney

Subramanya

Comment

Reg. Query towards 221(g) for H4 visa, Senior Members - please clarify-fewmorequeries

Hi Subramanya,

Thanks for your clarification. Have some more queries in this regard as below.

The original H1 documents of mine sought by the Consulate people for my wife's H4 visa are: Original I-797, Original I-129, Labor Conditional Application.

1) When I received all the H1 papers for my H1 stamping from my Employer, I didn't get the original I-129 form whereas they just sent me the notarized copy of I-129 form. When I asked my Employer about it, they reverted to me saying that nobody would have I-129 original papers on hand as that is the H1 Petition Application form which was filed for me. Would like to know whether the answer I got from them is correct or not?

2) Is it feasible to submit the notarized photocopies of my H1 documents?

3) If the original H1 forms are submitted, would they give back those forms once my wife's visa is stamped?

Thank you.

Comment

H1 and H4 issues

Thanks for your clarification. Have some more queries in this regard as below.

The original H1 documents of mine sought by the Consulate people for my wife's H4 visa are: Original I-797, Original I-129, Labor Conditional Application.

1) When I received all the H1 papers for my H1 stamping from my Employer, I didn't get the original I-129 form whereas they just sent me the notarized copy of I-129 form. When I asked my Employer about it, they reverted to me saying that nobody would have I-129 original papers on hand as that is the H1 Petition Application form which was filed for me. Would like to know whether the answer I got from them is correct or not?

---- Yes, what your employer is saying is correct

2) Is it feasible to submit the notarized photocopies of my H1 documents?

---- It does not matter. Photocopies are sufficient. You are getting them notarized only for your satisfaction and not to anybody else's satisfaction

3) If the original H1 forms are submitted, would they give back those forms once my wife's visa is stamped?

---- Yes, all originals submitted are returned

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X