Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 Status - Expert Required - Mr Subramanya Please help

Hi,

I was working with Company "A" in India and In April 2007, I got my H1 Visa stamped on my passport from Company "B" but at the same time Company "A" offered my a permanent position in US and filed my L1 Visa which got approved in April 2007. Since the offer was good I took that offer and came to US on L1 Visa (permanent position) in Company "A".

When I went for stamping of L1 Visa. The consulate gave me the Visa without any issue and I guess my H1 didnt get cancelled because they didn't put the "Cancel" seal on my H1 Visa.

1. Is there a way I can confirm that I my H1 Visa is still valid and I can change the status from L1 to H1?

2. Since I entered US with L1 and my I-94 is valid for another 3 years, what I required to change my status from L1 to H1.

3. When can I start working for Company "B" (H1 Visa)?

4. Can I get my H1 transferred to Company "C" (which is a very good company as company to Company "B") immediately after changing my status from L1 to H1 (Company "B")?

5. What documents are required for #2, #3 and #4.

6. My ideal goal is to join Company "C" on H1. Please let me know if any alternative way is there given that I am on L1 now.

Note: I have pay stubs from Company "A" ONLY.

Thanks

H1 and L1

I was working with Company "A" in India and In April 2007, I got my H1 Visa stamped on my passport from Company "B" but at the same time Company "A" offered my a permanent position in US and filed my L1 Visa which got approved in April 2007. Since the offer was good I took that offer and came to US on L1 Visa (permanent position) in Company "A".

When I went for stamping of L1 Visa. The consulate gave me the Visa without any issue and I guess my H1 didnt get cancelled because they didn't put the "Cancel" seal on my H1 Visa.

1. Is there a way I can confirm that I my H1 Visa is still valid and I can change the status from L1 to H1?

---- If you have a valid Visa stamped on your Passport that will not be cancelled even if they issue another type of Visa

2. Since I entered US with L1 and my I-94 is valid for another 3 years, what I required to change my status from L1 to H1.

---- You have to go out of teh country and reneter US with H1 to a get a I-94 for H1 and then start working on H1

3. When can I start working for Company "B" (H1 Visa)?

---- Whenver you want to but you should have a I-94 for H1

4. Can I get my H1 transferred to Company "C" (which is a very good company as company to Company "B") immediately after changing my status from L1 to H1 (Company "B")?

---- Yes, you can get it transferred provided you are on H1 status in the US at the time of your transfer

5. What documents are required for #2, #3 and #4.

---- You should be on H1 status

6. My ideal goal is to join Company "C" on H1. Please let me know if any alternative way is there given that I am on L1 now.

---- Get to H1 status first by going out of the country and entering the US on H1, get a I-94 for H1, start working for the company on whose name you hold a H1 and then apply for a transfer

---- Nothing happens overnight. You have to go through a process

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X