Additional work on H1-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional work on H1-B

I am on H1-B with a company. My supervisor at University here from where I graduated (PhD) wants me to deliver a 4 hrs professional lecture during a series of professional lectures to engineering students/professionals. Can I accept that?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Shreehari

My guess is this is a guest lecture and you are not getting paid or anything nor it is a job.
    There are 2 things :
    1. As long as it doesnt interfere with your work-schedule your fine.
    2..Since this is just a lecture you can ask your company for permission? (not sure on this..but ur good on 1.)
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

I would go ahead with the lecture coz this is your supervisor asking you and who has been with you through your Phd. Maintain a good relationship with your supervisors and professors.It is a good and definitely something you can add to your resume.
      Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

if you are going to be paid for it then they have to apply for a part-time H1B

Comment

Though I donot think that university will go for it and also approval wo'nt be before 2-3 months from USCIS?
          Do I need approval from the employer for getting part time H1B by University?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X