h1 transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 transfer

hi guys.... need some immediate help to make decisions....
    i hold a valid H1 visa for my current employer A in india..... i have an offer from company B in usa....

can i travel on my current H1 to usa and then get it transferred to company B (company B claims that they can file a H1 transfer once i reach there and once the petition receipt is obtained, i can start working for them)

also, company B says that no paystubs are required for them to do the transfer.

Can somebody provide some advice/previous experiences with a similar situation?

Thanks!

San.

H1 issues

i hold a valid H1 visa for my current employer A in india..... i have an offer from company B in usa....

can i travel on my current H1 to usa and then get it transferred to company B (company B claims that they can file a H1 transfer once i reach there and once the petition receipt is obtained, i can start working for them)

---- Yes, you can. You can also transfer your H1 if the H1 is genuine and valid

also, company B says that no paystubs are required for them to do the transfer.

---- That is a subjective question and opinions exist both sides. It depends on your case

Subramanya

Comment

thanks subramanya

Thanks Suramanya for your reply.... It gives a lot of relief to me and will help me in taking further decisions.

Cheers,
      San

Comment

Some Clarifiation

Hi,

I just wanted to knw that when Sandeep says that he is told by company B that he will get a visa transfer even tho he has a visa of company A, does it matter if he has never gone to US on his H1 before (thru company A) and this is the first time he is going to use it.. and that too as a transfer thru company B?

Simply... Can one get a visa transferred even tho he/she has never travelled on that visa from the original company??? Or in other words.. will it not be a problem for the visa holder for whom Company B.. is applying for the visa transfer... and things will go smoothly??

Any suggestions will be appreciated... I would say that my situation is very similar to Sandeep's.. I have a valid h1 for company A... and company B is ready to file for a visa transfer... Since I have never travelled on H1 before... thru company A... will it be risky to go to US thru the route above (thru visa transfer from company b)?????????????

Thx a lot ... God Bless...

Comment

H1B Transfer - First time

Hi,

could you please answer this query as I am also in the same situation. I have H1B visa stamped thru company A which I have not travelled till now using that visa. I have got a good offer from Company B and they are ready to transfer my visa if I travel to US on Company A visa.
          Should I consider this option? Is 2 paystubs mandatory for H1 Transfer?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by snisargs
          Hi,

I just wanted to knw that when Sandeep says that he is told by company B that he will get a visa transfer even tho he has a visa of company A, does it matter if he has never gone to US on his H1 before (thru company A) and this is the first time he is going to use it.. and that too as a transfer thru company B?

Simply... Can one get a visa transferred even tho he/she has never travelled on that visa from the original company??? Or in other words.. will it not be a problem for the visa holder for whom Company B.. is applying for the visa transfer... and things will go smoothly??

Any suggestions will be appreciated... I would say that my situation is very similar to Sandeep's.. I have a valid h1 for company A... and company B is ready to file for a visa transfer... Since I have never travelled on H1 before... thru company A... will it be risky to go to US thru the route above (thru visa transfer from company b)?????????????

Thx a lot ... God Bless...

Comment

H1 Transfer

If you are under a valid H1 visa to travel to US you can definitely travel to US. And once you are in US your B employer can file a petition for you for your transfer to his company. It is valid, though you have to show proper reasons. But you should be having the H1 transfer before you join the B company. Unless you have the Transfer petition sanctioned you cannot join the B company. You may apply for an H1B transfer to another company. For this you need a valid employment in the U.S. Also you have to prove that you have recent pay stubs (at least 60 days old) and last year W2 forms (if applicable). If you do not have recent pay slips, then you may need to explain the reasons to USCIS. (Unpaid vacation or long sick leave approval letters from your current employer may be considered.) As per law, the petitions that were filed after the last date of employment are not eligible for change of status or change of employment because the applicant becomes out of status when the applicant loses the job. The laid off H-1B worker will be considered out of status even though he has valid H-1B visa in his passport or valid I-94 card.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X