Question Regarding Passport Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Regarding Passport Renewal

Hi I needed some feedback/help regarding my situation. Could someone pls. help.

1. My current H-1B is expiring in October 2007. My passport is up for renewal in December. I have also applied for my I-485 and am waiting on the receipt notice.

Questions:

1. Can I apply for passport renewal before getting the receipt notice?. Does the 485 have any relation to the old passport?
    2. Can I apply for H-1B with the old passport? Would my H-1B be valid beyond the date of the passport (since my 6 years end in June 2008 & passport is valid till December 2007)

H1 and Passport

Hi I needed some feedback/help regarding my situation. Could someone pls. help.

1. My current H-1B is expiring in October 2007. My passport is up for renewal in December. I have also applied for my I-485 and am waiting on the receipt notice.

Questions:

1. Can I apply for passport renewal before getting the receipt notice?. Does the 485 have any relation to the old passport?

---- Yes, you can apply for renewal of your Passport. The 485 and receipt notices have nothing to do with your Passport. They are separate issues

2. Can I apply for H-1B with the old passport? Would my H-1B be valid beyond the date of the passport (since my 6 years end in June 2008 & passport is valid till December 2007)

---- H1B is valid on its own. It has nothing to do with your Passport (even if it expires tomorrow)

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X