H1B Amenment after 221(G)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Amenment after 221(G)

Hi I am Parthasarathy. I appeared for visa interview in Chennai on January 2007. They issued me 221(G). In March 2007 I have submitted all documents as per 221(G). Within 3 days I got my passport back (without visa stamping) saying

“Your Company will not provide a job in USA and action on your case is suspended and Chennai consulate will not provide any updates on this case. Your case is returned to USCIS”

After this my employer told that we can file H1B Amendment to correct the above problem. And again they filed H1B Amendment under premium processing and given me the new Receipt Number. In July this case is approved and now i am planning to go for stamping at Mumbai.

Will there be any problem…? Any suggestion or inputs…? Please help me.

In the mean while I received a mail from USCIS as below for old Receipt Number

Application Type: I129 , PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department
    with a request we review it.

On June 4, 2007, our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location received this case
    from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will
    notify you when we complete our review,
    Last edited by Sun_Sarathy; 08-20-2007, 12:27 AM.

H1 issues

Hi I am Parthasarathy. I appeared for visa interview in Chennai on January 2007. They issued me 221(G). In March 2007 I have submitted all documents as per 221(G). Within 3 days I got my passport back (without visa stamping) saying

“Your Company will not provide a job in USA and action on your case is suspended and Chennai consulate will not provide any updates on this case. Your case is returned to USCIS”

After this my employer told that we can file H1B Amendment to correct the above problem. And again they filed H1B Amendment under premium processing and given me the new Receipt Number. In July this case is approved and now i am planning to go for stamping at Mumbai.

Will there be any problem…? Any suggestion or inputs…? Please help me.

---- You can happily go for the Visa interview, get it stamped and come to US. Earlier when they reviewed your application and have given a 221g they might not have verified all the facts of the case

---- Thus, when your employer filed for the amendment, they could ascertain all the facts and thus approved the H1

---- At the interview if you are prompted for the old case, state the facts briefly and show the amendment filed and the verdict of the case by USCIS

---- All other communications by USCIS can be held back till you go for the interview and get the Visa

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks a lot for your timely reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X