Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa transfer

Hi,

I am on H1 visa and applying H4 visa for my spouse through my current employer. If I transfer my H1 visa before my spouse visit to US first time, is it required to transfer her H4 visa to my new employer (Is new stamping required?) or my spouse can come through my current employer?

Thanks
    Last edited by amit8; 08-21-2007, 05:25 PM.

H4 issues

I am on H1 visa and applying H4 visa through my current employer. If I transfer my H1 visa before my spouse visit to US first time, is it required to transfer H4 visa to my new employer (Is new stamping required?) or my spouse can come through my current employer?

---- How can you apply for a H4 Visa through your current employer? There is something from your post

---- It may not be required to transfer H4 Visa, but the Visa should be valid to continue the stay in USA

---- Your wife has to apply for a H4 Visa if she is outside the country, get it stamped on her Passport and then enter US.

Subramanya

Comment

Subramanya,

Sorry for confusion, my updated query is as below,

I am on H1 visa and applying H4 visa for my spouse. If I transfer my H1 visa before my spouse visit to US first time, is it required to update my new employer info in her H4 visa (Is new stamping required?) or my spouse can come through my current employer?
      Thanks

Comment

H4 issues

I am on H1 visa and applying H4 visa for my spouse. If I transfer my H1 visa before my spouse visit to US first time, is it required to update my new employer info in her H4 visa (Is new stamping required?) or my spouse can come through my current employer?

---- You spouse can enter US with the current Visa satamp on her Passport. However, at the POE she may show the new I-797 received for H1 (a copy of the same is sufficient). This will enable her to get a I-94 ftill teh validity of the new H1

---- There is no need of a frsh Visa stamp

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X