Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and L1

Hi

I have an L1 Visa with my Indian Company and I attended the US Consulate at New Delhi for my H1B Visa for my prospective US Company.

Although I got my H1B Visa stamped but, my L1 visa was not cancelled on my passport .

I am just confused if this is just a mistake and if I need to take any action in this regard. Can some one let me know if they ever faced this kind of situation.

I think that's perfectly fine, I have seen many of my friends with both visa types valid on their passport.

Comment

Then Ganesh,

How should they know on which visa i'm travelling, will they check at any point? I never travelled to US up to now, so can you please help me giving some more information like what will they ask at port of entry, how should they make sure which visa i'm travelling on?

Thanks in advance

Comment

You can travel on any US visa as long as it is valid.
        VO at POE will specifically you about the purpose of the trip.
        I think the best way for you to implicity make the VO aware purpose of your trip is to place the filled-in I-94 card in the passport, in the page which has the visa stamp and hand over the passport to the VO, so he sees the visa stamp which you want to get in to US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X