Strangest ever situation (b1, l2, h1) - Pls help Mr. Subramanya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangest ever situation (b1, l2, h1) - Pls help Mr. Subramanya

I have an active B1 on my passport and work for an MNC in India. I have an L2 visa interview next week to join my husband (for vacation) who is on an L1. I also have an approved H1B petition which is currently undergoing amendment due to a typo. I have not received my amended H1 petition yet.

a) My current employer wants me to travel to US for 2 weeks on my B1 for business meetings.

b) My L2 interview is next week. If my B1 is upheld even after getting the L2, will my L2 be cancelled when I am travelling on B1 at the POE? As in, when the officer at POE asks me which visa I intend to enter with, I have to say B1 coz it is a short business trip. But will he/she cancel the L2 there?

c) Even if my B1 and L2 visas are active, I will have to go for my H1 interview in a month or so once my amended petition is here. So at that time, can I tell the Consulate to cancel the other visas or will all this be an issue then?

d) Can I ask the Consulate to cancel my B1 which could potentially solve all the issues?

I can not cancel my L2 visa interview now. My current employer has sprung this business trip on me.

I am really confused..I would appreciate some help in this matter.

Normally they dont cancel any other visas. And there is no point in asking them to cancel it.

Comment

Require elaboration

Originally posted by waitin_toolong
      Normally they dont cancel any other visas. And there is no point in asking them to cancel it.
      Thank you waitin_toolong for your reply.

Can someone please answer all the questions I have asked in the thread?

Comment

it looks like you are really confused. As i said at the time of entry you will present B1. They will not cancel L2.

There is no problem with having multiple valid visas on the passport so there is no call for confusion here except making sure at POE that you present the correct visa based on intent and making sure that is what they put down on the I-94

When you go for H1 stamping prev stamps are not going to be a cause for concern and may or may not be cancelled.

If you want the flexinility of travelling using a particular visa then why ask them to cancel it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X