doubts in filling ds-156 form.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doubts in filling ds-156 form.

i am going to get h1 stamped in new delhi consulate and for this, i was preparing the online application. but i have couple of clarifications.

i am currently single but before attending the h1 interview, I am planning to get married. so I am confused about what marital status should I put in DS-156 form?

Another section mentions that 'Would you be travelling with anyone?give name and relationship'. I would be coming with my 'then-spouse'. So if I put her name in this form, what should I put the relationship as? should it be 'Fiancee' or 'Spouse' or 'Then-spouse' or something else?

similarly, what should i put for my fiancee? she would be my my wife then.

both of these questions are related. If I say single for the first question, then i can't mention the relatioship as Spouse in the second one. It is confusing... if you can answer both of these questions, it'll be great...

thanks
    animesh.

H1 interview

i am going to get h1 stamped in new delhi consulate and for this, i was preparing the online application. but i have couple of clarifications.

i am currently single but before attending the h1 interview, I am planning to get married. so I am confused about what marital status should I put in DS-156 form?

---- If you are married by the time you go for the H1 Visa interview, mention your marital status as married and carry the marriage certificate with you to the US Consulate

Another section mentions that 'Would you be travelling with anyone?give name and relationship'. I would be coming with my 'then-spouse'. So if I put her name in this form, what should I put the relationship as? should it be 'Fiancee' or 'Spouse' or 'Then-spouse' or something else?

---- Say spouse if you are going to travle with her

---- As above, say spouse

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- If you are married by the time you go for the H1 Visa interview, mention your marital status as married and carry the marriage certificate with you to the US Consulate

---- Say spouse if you are going to travle with her

---- As above, say spouse

Subramanya
      thanks for the quick response... i appreciate it very much...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X