Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel to India after COS from F1 to H1 approved, Subrahmanya help requested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India after COS from F1 to H1 approved, Subrahmanya help requested.

I am on F1, before completing the graduation I applied for H1 and I got it approved. I went to India after I got my H1 approval notice and returned to US on F1 itself. My H1 is going to start in the month of Oct 1 St 2007. I didn't attend the H1 visa interview in India. The I-94 I have now is diffarent from the one that is on my H1B approval notice. What should I do now, do I need to update my new I-94? one more thing I am going to terminate my F1 status one month before the H1B start date is that OK or do I need to maintain my F1 status till Oct 1 st. As I am not completed my graduation can I get the 60 days grace period to stay in US without any status. Thanking you very much.

F1 to H1

I am on F1, before completing the graduation I applied for H1 and I got it approved. I went to India after I got my H1 approval notice and returned to US on F1 itself. My H1 is going to start in the month of Oct 1 St 2007. I didn't attend the H1 visa interview in India. The I-94 I have now is diffarent from the one that is on my H1B approval notice. What should I do now, do I need to update my new I-94?

---- The I-94 for H1 will be valid from Oct 1. The white I-94 you got for F1 is valid only till that time as F1 is valid. However, you are in status as long as you have an I-94 that is valid and unexpired

one more thing I am going to terminate my F1 status one month before the H1B start date is that OK or do I need to maintain my F1 status till Oct 1 st.

---- It is better to maintain your F1 status till Oct.1 as you are not on OPT (if I am right)

As I am not completed my graduation can I get the 60 days grace period to stay in US without any status.

---- If you can continue on F1 status do not use the 60 day grace period. That is an extreme step if all else fails or the F1 is really ending

Subramanya

Comment

Help Requested

Dear Subrahmanya I don't understand exactly what you said, the I-94 that is on my H1b approval notice is old one and the new I-94 is different from old one so which one is valid. I surrenderd the the old I-94 while leaving USA for India. What I understood according to your mail is that the old I-94 is still valid from the day H1b starts and the new I-94 wil be terminated the day F1 terminates.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X