Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• additional administrative process for h4

Hi,

My spouse was on F1 visa and went to Canada US embassy to change from F1 to H4 but they said they need to additional administrative process and they will email him in 30-60 days and if he can follow up with them after 60 days. They gave back all his documents to him. Its been 3 months already they haven't emailed us yet. Does anybody know how long does this administrative process take? Since he wants to come on H4, can he reapprear for visa interview again instead of waiting for this case status? Please advice.

-RG

H4 issues

My spouse was on F1 visa and went to Canada US embassy to change from F1 to H4 but they said they need to additional administrative process and they will email him in 30-60 days and if he can follow up with them after 60 days. They gave back all his documents to him. Its been 3 months already they haven't emailed us yet. Does anybody know how long does this administrative process take? Since he wants to come on H4, can he reapprear for visa interview again instead of waiting for this case status? Please advice.

---- As is often written in this forum and elsewhere the time frame is only pure guess work and you have to wait till the US Consulate decides about the matter and send you the appropriate communication

---- How log it takes is only pure speculation and everyone can have their own say of saying things based on experience and observing other cases

---- No a person cannot reappear for an interviw on the same application status. They can change (for example a new H1 for the spouse) and bsed on the I-797 they can appear for teh Vis interview

---- Unfortunately, the only choice is to wait and hope the cloud clear sooner than later

Subramanya

Comment

thank you so much for the reply, subramania. the one he got is white slip. is there any way to track that? he went to vancouver, canada for the interview.

-RG

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X