Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B / job interview query

Dear Sir/Madam

I would very much appreciate any advice regarding a potential job interview in the USA. An American University who is interested in hiring me (British citizen) say they are moving ahead with the submission of my documents for an H1B visa. They haven't actually made me a job offer yet and I may have to go for an interview in the US before a job offer can be made.

I have 3 questions:

1. Is it possible for an employer to apply for an H1B visa on someone's behalf before a job offer has been made?

2. Are there any implications for me travelling to the US on the visa waiver program for an interview ie if an H1B visa is already pending?

3. I’ve been given to understand that it is legal for me to attend a job interview on the visa waiver program – is this correct? At the same time I’ve been told that it’s not a good idea to say that I have come for a job interview when I am questioned at the port of entry which I am confused about. Is it possible to clarify the situation here?

I'd be extremely grateful for any advice on this. Thanks.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

1. Yes.
    2. No.
    3. You can come here for job interview, but don't tell about it at the port of entry.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X