Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed: Rejected H1B extention - B1/B2 status

Hi Immihelp,

Our case is quite special and definitely need your expert advice.

My fiancee originally got her H1-B extention application approved in US and went back to Korea to visit family while getting the official visa stamped in May. However, somehow the Consulate officer rejected her application there at the consulate. She's been in Korea since. Now, she still has a valid B1B2 visa on her passport. My question is:

1) Can she still use that visa to visit US (will immigation officer give her trouble given there is a a rejection stamp on the original H1B visa)?

2) We have given up the reapplication of the H1B visa part for now, and we just wanted her to come into the US, especially since I am in process of getting my citizenship, with Fingerprint done late last month. I am considering using Fiancee visa to bring her back in once I get my citizenship (if she's still in Korea). is that advisable? In the mean time all I wanted is for her to be here as a visitor.

3) Also, assuming she can come into US using her original B1B2 visa, can we register marriage here? before or after I officially get my citizenship?

What was the casue of the H1b rejection? was a 221(g) issued? please update.

Comment

The consulate in Korea did not give the ruling on the rejection. so I have to say I don't know whether it was 221(g) or not.

Comment

Immihelp

would you be able to reply to my first post? Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X