Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Extension

Hi,
    I am in US and my company has applied for my H1 extension as it is expiring next month on 15th Oct 2007. Could someone tell me what is the process if I need to travel to India after 15th Oct and before I get my extension documents. My company told me that I should get my documents by Dec. I want to know how do I travel if I need to before that?
    Please clarify urgently.
    Thanks
    Vijay.

if you travel before getting the approval you are fine to travel abroad but will have to wait till you get extension approval and stamp to reenter. So if you think some urget travel situation can arise pay for premium processing, you can be stuck abroad for a few months otherwise.

Comment

I am still not clear

My current H1 expires on 15th Oct 2007. Now if I want to travel to India say on 31st Oct, does it mean that I have to wait till I actually get my new approved papers in hand? I plan to go to India and not return (one way).
      Please clarify.
      Thanks
      Vijay.

Comment

H1 Extension

My current H1 expires on 15th Oct 2007. Now if I want to travel to India say on 31st Oct, does it mean that I have to wait till I actually get my new approved papers in hand? I plan to go to India and not return (one way).
        Please clarify.
        Thanks
        Vijay.

Comment

if you are leaving for good then you are ok. but if you want to come back that is a different story.

Comment

So can I leave after 15th Oct without any paper work? Please clarify.

Comment

U r leaving on 30th Oct & ur visa/I94 expiring on 15th Oct. I think if u don't have valid I94 then it might be problem or u have to do some paper work bcoz I dont think u will get ur ne I94 till 30th. I request senior please advise.
              Thanks
              Mast

Comment

1. For leaving US there is no problem
                2. For entering US you need a Visa. You can only get a visa when you book an appointment, and show your approved H1 extension papers and then get stamping.

Comment

My company has initiated the extension process only now. I am sure that by 15th Oct I will not get my I-797. I know there is no problem in me leaving before but for leaving after 15th Oct without any extension documents do you need any documents etc. Will the airlines do a check or something? Please clarify. I need to book tickets based on this. Thanks once again.
                  Regards
                  Vijay.

Comment

just drop off your I-94

airlines don't check for anything

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X