Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4

Hai all

I have attended H1b interview in December 2006 and was given 221g blue letter with additional administrative process till now there is no correspondence from consulate side, now my husband has received H1 papers for this year, can I attend along with him for dependent visa (H4), if so what is the procedure, please help me out.
    Thanks in anticipation.
    Swetha.

H4 issues

I have attended H1b interview in December 2006 and was given 221g blue letter with additional administrative process till now there is no correspondence from consulate side, now my husband has received H1 papers for this year, can I attend along with him for dependent visa (H4), if so what is the procedure, please help me out.

---- Yes, you cna attend the H4 Visa interview alongwith your husband. When your husband is making an appointment ask him to key in you as a dependent and you both can attend the interview at the same time, get the Vis stamped in your Passports and come to the US

Subramanya

Comment

Urgent! Need help for H1 to H4

Hello Subramanya,

I am in US and had applied for H1 transfer one month back.RFE has been raised for the same.

Meantime, I had to quit from my previous job.I am not sure how long this will take.Can I apply for H4 as to avoid out of status issue? how long can I wait (with no valid visa -H1 / H4) after I quit my previous job?

Your help is highly appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Jenny

Comment

H1 and H4 issues

I am in US and had applied for H1 transfer one month back.RFE has been raised for the same.

Meantime, I had to quit from my previous job.I am not sure how long this will take.Can I apply for H4 as to avoid out of status issue? how long can I wait (with no valid visa -H1 / H4) after I quit my previous job?

---- Normally, if you have applied for H1 transfer, then you can wait for the decision despite the RFE. This may take a couple of months, but nevertheless its hould be cleared if there are not many issues

---- You may apply for H4 and this will take no less than 3-4 months. meanwhile your H1 will be approved. Instead as you have already applied for H1 transfer you can await the decision. If the decision is not in your favor, you can immediately apply for H4. keep your documents ready just in case if you have to apply for a H4

Subramanya

Comment

Urgent! Need help for H1 to H4

Thanks a lot Subramanya for your help :-)

Comment

Please help - change of status from H1 to H4 (currently holding EAD as well)

Hello Subramanya,

I am planning for status change from H1 to H4.I had an H1 transfer done few months back and have not received any pay stubs (I was not working) or tax forms from my employer.My employee is refusing to provide any of these details to me.

Can you please let me know
            1) if My H1 details along with pay stub will be needed for the change of status application?
            2) what are the documents needed for change of status other than ones mentioned below?
            a) form I-539.
            b) My husband's H1 documents.I129
            c) both the passports.
            d) both I94.
            e) marriage certificate.

I appreciate your help.
            Thank you,
            Jenny

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}