Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required for issue L1 to H1

Hi,
    Currently I am working on L1A (Extension) with XYZ company.Meanwhile I applied for H1B from other Consultant and it got approved also (Which will be effective form 1st Oct 2007).

AS I was planning to visit India and returned back on L1A stamping from XYZ company.I took stamping date in 1st week of November.

The issue is , as the new H1B is change of status , so my L1A will be invalid from 1st of Oct.

#1.How should I attend the interview ?

I dont understand your question bit if you are concerned about the COS that is not significant. You will attend H1 interview as usual.

Comment

Thanks for you reply...
      I am not planning to get H1 stamped , I am going for L1A stamping .Which may be invalid from 1st Oct , as my H1B turned to be COS.

Comment

The L1 extension is not invalid you will nedd extension papers to get L1 stamp.

Comment

Really Apprecitaed your answer....

Being very specific to my situation

#1.I have extension Petition with me (it is valid till 2008 , when comapy extended ....I applied for H1 from diff company and have not done any thing with extended L1 petition), interview date is on Nov 15 (after 1st Oct)

#2.Will this Change Of status not cause any issue during Interview (as friend of mine told me , L1A will expire on 1st Oct as H1B gets active)

Thanks
          Last edited by darwha; 09-15-2007, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Clarifications

Hi,

I am also having the same situation like you. I have valid L1 till Sep-2008 and got H1-B with changed my status. It will be effective form 1st Oct 2007.

Currently i am in US. Is it possible if i go back to india during mid of Oct 2007 and coming back to US with my valid L1 visa during Dec 07?

If you got any idea and got clarified, please let me know whether i can come back to US with my L1 during Dec'07?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Ok there are two dirrefent things that we are talking about here one is visa the other is status.

Visa is the approved petiotion along with the stamp you ahve on the passport. youcan have that in the US or abroad. You can have 2-3 as many differnt approved petitions stamps on passport as you are fortunate to get with no problem.

The STATUS kicks in one you enter US. you get it when you get a stamp on the passport and I-94 based on the intent of travel and the visa petiotion/stamp. So if you have B1/H1/L1 on the passport you can possible enter using any of these 3. For all these cases to be true both the stamp and the petiotion should be valid meaning not expired.

Once in the country you are allowed to change this status, apply to change status with supporting documents approved petition or apply for H1/L1 or some other status along with change of status. The change happens only after approval and the approval comes with the new I-94 indicating the start date of this change, when the change becomes effective.

You can also apply for extension of the current status.

But none of these invalidates the underlying petions that you already have but the only thing that changes if the status. Which means if you havce a valid stamp/petition you can depart the country and reenter to reinstate the status, remember you revert back only if you reenter not just because you continue to work in original capacity/status. So either you need to eaprt before the new status kicks in and reenter using the old visa to revert back or switch to the new status/employer else you would be out of status.

Same thing applies for going for stamping with extended application. Your application is still valid.

Comment

To avoid the COS from L1A to H1B , My Consultant suggested me following options.
                #1.To Fly before 1st Oct out of USA , and get L1A stamped in end of Oct

OR

#2.Apply for Amendment H1B, which will convert the H1B from COS to Consulate.

So, Pls reply soon , as I need to take steps befor 1st Oct.

Thanks

Comment

Pls reply soon...
                  Need to take decision before 1 st Oct

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X