Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent pls:Entire name in GivenName clmn on PP. H1B Visa stamp has midname as Surname

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent pls:Entire name in GivenName clmn on PP. H1B Visa stamp has midname as Surname

Hello friends,
    My passport has my Surname column blank and instead the entire name has been mentioned in the Given-name column as "LASTNAME FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME1 MIDDLENAME2". I did not notice the error till I got the Visa stamped. They picked up the last component from the Given-name on the PP i.e. "MIDDLENAME2" and put that in the Surname column (on the Visa i.e.). So now on the Visa my surname is "MIDDLENAME2" and the Given-name is "SURNAME FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME1". All my other documents I-797, I-129, Degree certificates etc. have the correct name.

Please can someone advise if this can be a problem at the port of entry / SSN / Driving License or later. I am still in India. Should I get an endorsement from the PP office stating my correct surname? Should I get a new Visa stamped with the correct surname?
    I wound prefer to use my correct surname in all the above documents (SSN, Drv License, I-94), can I still do that without getting the Visa restamped / PP endorsement?

Thanks for ur time and advice.

Varuun.
    Last edited by varuun; 09-15-2007, 06:31 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X