Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple H1B visa transfer simultaneously(Subramanya..your inputs are valuable)Urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple H1B visa transfer simultaneously(Subramanya..your inputs are valuable)Urgent

Hi

I initially was having my H1B with employer A.
    I am still employed with employer A. I get their pay stubs still.

However i have got my visa transfer process initiated to employer B.
    I have received the receipt number only. Transfer is still to be done.

Now i have an offer from company C.
    Can i initiate my visa transfer from company A to company C when company B has filed for a transfer already.

do i have to initiate any cancellation process for company B visa transfer?

Urgeny help needed.

H1 transfer

I initially was having my H1B with employer A.
    I am still employed with employer A. I get their pay stubs still.

However i have got my visa transfer process initiated to employer B.
    I have received the receipt number only. Transfer is still to be done.

Now i have an offer from company C.
    Can i initiate my visa transfer from company A to company C when company B has filed for a transfer already.

do i have to initiate any cancellation process for company B visa transfer?

---- Yes, you can transfer to company C and apply for any number of transfers. You do not have to cancel any transfer. All you have to do is decide which transfer to take. If you want to wait for the transfer to a company of your choice, you'll have to wait till the decision is made. Till then ensure that you are working and getting paid.

Subramanya

Comment

Need more inputs from Subramanya

Thanks Subramanya for answering the multiple transfer query.

However a small question again regarding the above.

As you adviced that i should ensure that i keep working and getting paid till the transfer is done.

Does that mean i can start working and getting paid for company C once i get the receipt number for the transfer to company C w/o the transfer being done.
      Last edited by blackbird; 09-18-2007, 09:44 AM.

Comment

H1 transfer

However a small question again regarding the above.

As you adviced that i should ensure that i keep working and getting paid till the transfer is done.

Does that mean i can start working and getting paid for company C once i get the receipt number for the transfer to company C w/o the transfer being done

---- YES, once you receive a transfer receipt, you can start working. The complete transfer need not be done. However at some point of time the transfer should be complete and the I-797 (H1 approval notice should be in your hands)

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya. I appreciate all your responses. They are really helpful.

So can i do the following?:

I initiate visa transfer to Company C on company A's paystubs. I have receipt number for Company B.
          Till then resign in company A. Start working for Company B till i get my receipt number for Company C? Then quit company B.
          I am little worried about this because, i legally start working for company B and start getting their payslips. And quit them(probably in a month's time), when i get receipt number for Company C. Will this not create any issues for me taking up offer and start working for Company C?

Comment

H1 transfer

So can i do the following?:

I initiate visa transfer to Company C on company A's paystubs. I have receipt number for Company B.
            Till then resign in company A. Start working for Company B till i get my receipt number for Company C? Then quit company B.
            I am little worried about this because, i legally start working for company B and start getting their payslips. And quit them(probably in a month's time), when i get receipt number for Company C. Will this not create any issues for me taking up offer and start working for Company C?

---- YES, that is the decision you need to make. You cna take the following steps

1. If you have applied for transfer from A to B and A to C, You would have received the transfer receipts for both of them. At this time decide whom to join

2. If you have applied for A to B got the receipt, joined B and later applied for transfer from A to C, you can change from B to C, provided you are confident that the transfer will take place and you will encounter no issues both with USCIS and the employer

---- These multiple transfers do not create any issues as long as you keep all the paperwork with you and at the time of applying for a green card be prepared to provide all this information and evidence thereof in terms of documentation

Subramanya

Comment

Visa transfer and amendment

I am working in company A, I got offer from company B .Company B did visa transfer successfully. However due to some issues they deferred the joining date. Meanwhile I got another offer from company C and company C started the visa transfer and got RFE. At the same time now company B wants me to join it but it has to file amendment as the location of project has changed.
              If I join company B, will RFE of visa transfer by company C will have any impact on the visa amendment file by company B?

Comment

Hard to say how the officer will treat the amendment since an RFE is pending for you for another petition. Usually it should not affect. However, it is better that you join company B only after the amendment gets approved.

Originally posted by alphabeta View Post
                I am working in company A, I got offer from company B .Company B did visa transfer successfully. However due to some issues they deferred the joining date. Meanwhile I got another offer from company C and company C started the visa transfer and got RFE. At the same time now company B wants me to join it but it has to file amendment as the location of project has changed.
                If I join company B, will RFE of visa transfer by company C will have any impact on the visa amendment file by company B?
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X