Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 and H1

Hi All,

Need your urjent help on this. I got my H1 2007 Approved, but not yet stamped from Company A. Now, i got an offer from Company B, and they are sending me to US on B1. Its on a high end technology and that's the one reason i am more inclined to work for Company B. More over, the project will be for 1 year, so, Company B is planning for L1 or H1 later stage.
    My questions are
    1) can i now go on B1 Visa for CompanyB , and once in US, can i transfer
    my H1 petition(2007) to Company B? So that i can continue working for Company B on my interested field on H1.
    2) Also, can i go for H1 B visa (of 2007)stamping here in India in 2008, after i came back from US.
    3) Can i apply for H1 stamping in US itself while i was there on B1

Please help, i need to decide quickly based on your inputs, as there is no time to accept Company B offer.

Thanks!
    Akash

B1 and H1

Need your urjent help on this. I got my H1 2007 Approved, but not yet stamped from Company A. Now, i got an offer from Company B, and they are sending me to US on B1. Its on a high end technology and that's the one reason i am more inclined to work for Company B. More over, the project will be for 1 year, so, Company B is planning for L1 or H1 later stage.
    My questions are
    1) can i now go on B1 Visa for CompanyB , and once in US, can i transfer
    my H1 petition(2007) to Company B? So that i can continue working for Company B on my interested field on H1.

---- You can go to US on B1 Visa, but you cannot transfer to H1 while in the US. If you want to continue working for the same company you should have a valid and stamped H1 Visa and an I-94

2) Also, can i go for H1 B visa (of 2007)stamping here in India in 2008, after i came back from US.

---- YES, you can do that

3) Can i apply for H1 stamping in US itself while i was there on B1

---- NO, you cannot apply for H1 or apply for a change of status from B1 to H1 while you are on B1 in the US

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya, for your quick response. It really helped me lot.
      Just one more quick question,
      1) Will there be any problem if i go for B1 Visa stamping, as i already have H1B at approval stage. Any chance that they will void my H1B visa ? PLease let me know if there are any precautions to take care..

Please help, looking forward for the inputs..

Thanks!
      Akash

Comment

pleae help..

Comment

your going for B1 will not void the H1

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...