Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important query

Hi,

I applied for visa in 2006 - 2007 quota. My name was misspelt which took some time along with documents arrangement for 221g, led this much delay. Now that I submitted all the docs one month back and waiting for the call from consulate.

In I797, visa validity period is mentioned as October 13, 2006 - April 20, 2009. My doubt is will I get the visa for two and half years from now or for the two and half years mentioned in I797? i.e. October 13, 2006 - April 20, 2009.

If they give as mentioned in I797, then I can be in US to the maximum of four and half years assuming that, I will get a renewal for three years. In this case, as the norm is five years to process GC, what is the feasibility for me to get one?

Please throw some light in this matter.

Thanks and regards,
    Jai

it will be upto LCA as reflected in your H1 approval.

But who told you that you can get only one extension, what matter is amount of time spent in H1 status in USA, which can go upto a maximum of 6 years. So in your case you will be eligible for a second extension of a year or so.

If you successfully start your GC process then you will be able to extend based on the state of your application. There are rules for extending beyond 6 years based on the stage of processing

Comment

Thanks man

Thanks for your time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X