Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b transfer

Dear Sir,
    Your website is fantastic. Keep up the good work !
    I am in the 6th year of my H1B (Second term), expiring 16 January 2008. My current employer obtained Labor Certification and I have an approved I-140 priority date August 2005. I filed for I-485 (EB2 from India) on June 29, 2007, but because of the July 02 fiasco, my application will probably be rejected and returned.

There is another employer who would like to hire me. If I accept his offer:
    1. Would the new employer be eligible to apply for H1B extension for 1 year / 3 years beyond 16 January 2008, and can I get H4 status for my spouse extended too ?
    2. Must the extension be approved before I can transfer to the new job ?
    3. If I accept the offer of the new employer would that mean that my new employer would need to reapply for Labor Certification, I-140 etc if I want to continue my quest for a green card?

Thanks in advance,

If you go to new employer at this stage, you can't get your visa extended beyond 6 years.

Also, your new employer needs to all greencard steps all over again.

Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

seems like both sentviaemail and answeredviaemail are one and the same...see the time stamps...even time stamps can differ in a minute or two but not to all posts...!!!!!

Comment

sentviaemail = questions sent by people to info [at] immihelp.com
        answeredviaemail = answers provided by email to them

posted in the forum for the benefit of everyone else.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

PraetorianXI is right.

Look at the usernames: sentviaemail and answeredviaemail?

Are they not clear enough to indicate what is going on?

When someone sent an email to immihelp.com asking a question, that question is posted here using the account sentviaemail.

When someone from immihelp team replied to that email, that reply is posted here using the account answeredviaemail.

We have recently started postings such messages for the benefit of everyone.

I hope that clarifies.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X