H1b (sibling related questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b (sibling related questions)

In recent times, if a person is applying for H1B for the 1st time and has a sister in USA holding a green card, what should once check on yes/no button on the DS-156 (h1b form) the question which asks whether you have brother or sister in USA? What are the pro and cons of it?
    Appreciate all the help.

Hi.....usually when we say that we have someone in US then we might pose as a potential non return, hence it is better if you tick it as N...anyways they will not cross verify if you have anyone in US or not....

Comment

dont advise fraud plese.

always be honest H1 is dual intent so it does not matter anyways.

Comment

WAITIN TOO LONG..

You are right, H1B is of dual intent. There is no need of mis-representing, if you have sibling there is no problem. Check YES.

Comment

Srihma,
          If you do not know or in doubt, do not give wrong advice. He should give correct information otherwise he is in trouble if come to know latter about his sister in USA.

Comment

Ramabalaji

Hi Ram...I am not advising any wrong things or fraud(as per some senior member)...I am just trying to help them in getting the visa in simple ways and tricks ( these are from my experiences and lots of my buddies)...I apologize if I had sent the wrong info...thanks

Comment

Long term planning

Guys, please do understand that in most cases H1B is just a stepping stone for a new future in a new land.

The person will file for permanent residency or the popular green card and thereafter US citizenship, will buy a great single family house and have babies born as US citizens and eventually try to file for GCs for family!

Basically, absolute truth and nothing but truth will go a long, long way throughout your life in the United States. At each and every step US authorities may or may not try to check and verify a lot of personal information. If they find out that someone had lied or withheld information, it can backfire at any point of time.

I'm absolutely with waitin_too_long and rambalaji. They do know what they're saying, please listen to them.

Good luck and best wishes to all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X