Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake on the DS 156 form.

Hi,

I just confirmed an appointment with the Chennai consulate for my visa interview. I am changing from F1 - H1B visa.

When I was typing the DS-156 form, I have made a mistake. For the question 2. Place of Issuance of Visa : the city Bangalore, and country is India, which are correct, but my state/province says : ----select-----

The same is with the other question number 11. Place of birth
    The city is Bangalore and country is India, which are correct and the state/province says : ----select----

When I return to those fields, they are uneditable.
    Could someone please let me know what I should do.

Should I cancel my appointment and book another appointment. I am not sure, if i cancel whether I will be able to book another appointment immediately or will it take time for the system to accept my cancellation and book another date. Because dates are not available, I am hesitant to do that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

You will be fine, as I mentioned at many other posts on this forum, any typos will NEVER result in a refusal. RELAX. Good Luck!

Comment

You only have to inform VFS or The VO at the time of interview about the mistake

Comment

Thank you very much for the replies.

you have mentioned VFS or VO at the time of interview. will I meet somebody

from VFS at the time of interview. and I understand VO means an officer, but

dont know what the exactly means.

Also, i got scared because when I read the other post.

==========================================================
        Title: Pls help mistake in 156 form

Hi,
        I made the same mistake by providing the place of issuance of passport as

chennai insteadd of B'lore and state as TN instead of Karnataka, later i sent

an email to VFS, below is the email reply.
        Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Kindly note modification on those are impossible either you can inform the

consulate officer at the time of interview and do the changes in front of

him, wherein the final decision will be that of the consulate officer to

issue the visa or you may cancel the existing appointment and schedule an

fresh appointment.

Thanking you

Regards,
        VFS Team5

===========================================================

thank you very much once again for the responses.

Comment

VO means Visa Officer who interviews you and issues visa after successful interview. Before meeting the VO, you will be met by the VFS personnel when you can inform them about the mistakes committed by you in the form. They will make the correction accordingly.Do not get scared as lot of people have done this sort of correction. Now prepare well for the interview. Good Luck.
          Last edited by ramabalaji; 10-14-2007, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for the replies.
            It really makes me feel a lot better.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X