Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2>>>H1 Transfer

Hello seniors..
    I was holding L2 visa valid till Sep2008 and my spouse is still working in US.

I had travelled to India in March 2007 and is still in India for some personal reasons. I applied for h1b through an consultant for this April quota and got approved in August 2007. ( I am in india right now, out of status). Now my consultant is telling that he don't have client letter and it may be risky to attend for stamping in India, so he is asking me to come on L2 visa to US as it is valid and again apply for H1 with change of status, then i can get stamped for H1 from canada / mexico.

Is this possible? I am totally confused now. Please help me.

1) If i get client letter on my own, can i go for stamping in india?

1) If i travelled back on L2 visa, How many months i need to wait to apply COS for H1 from L2 either it be premium processing or normal?

2) To get H1 stamped in Canada, do I need paystubs that means i should work on L2 with EAD before going for stamping? If so how many months?

3) After my spouse completed his work on L1 and leaves to India after 2 months i entered US, will i allow to stay in US as i already poses approved H1?

4) Now my stay in India exceeds 180 days, If I go back on L2 visa , will i face any problem at Port of Entry?

Please advice me..

H1 Help

1) If i get client letter on my own, can i go for stamping in india?
    >> Does it mean that you want to apply for jobs from india???

1) If i travelled back on L2 visa, How many months i need to wait to apply COS for H1 from L2 either it be premium processing or normal?
    >>Immediately you can apply

2) To get H1 stamped in Canada, do I need paystubs that means i should work on L2 with EAD before going for stamping? If so how many months?
    >> you can get H1 status, work and then get your h1 stamping

3) After my spouse completed his work on L1 and leaves to India after 2 months i entered US, will i allow to stay in US as i already poses approved H1?
    >> If you get COS to H1 you can stay.

4) Now my stay in India exceeds 180 days, If I go back on L2 visa , will i face any problem at Port of Entry?
    >> No problem

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X