Travel to US when H1 transfer is pending status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to US when H1 transfer is pending status

Hi, I am currently in India working for Company A which applied my H1 and my H1 was approved and I got stamped in Mar 2007.
    This Company A was not willing to send me to US, so 2 weeks back I applied H1 transfer through another company B and the status is pending now.
    But now Company A is asking me to go to US, will there be any problem at Port of Entry if I travel to US with H1 transfer pending status?

Thanks,
    Jim

No problem, you may travel.

Comment

Travelling with current employer when a prospective employer has got new petition

I needed one clarification. In my case I have an approved H1B petition and there is another company who has filed for my H1B petition and got it approved on premium. However they have not yet received the I-797 for this approved petition.

My Visa stamping has expired and I have to get my Visa stamped during my travel to India.

Will my Visa stamping will be in problem as I am getting my Visa stamped for my current employer petition when my propsective employer has a approved petition. Also do you think that I might get some queries from US consulate at the port of entry. I might join new employer in December.

Thanks in advance

AK

Comment

No problem, you may travel. The h1b transfer will become obsolete when your entry is with company A.

Not a legal advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X