Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - L1 to H1B

Hi Friends,

I was in USA and working for company A on L1. I applied for H1B through company B. Company B applied for VISA and Change Of Status also. My H1B petition and COS got approved in August 2007.

I returned to India in June 2007 and still working for company A. Please clarify the below questions.

1. Is it legal to travel US on L1 through company A? What will happen to my H1B? Do I required to apply new COS?
    2. In case I attend the interview for H1B not got approved , does my L1 still valid and is it legal to travel to US and work on L1.

Thanks in advance.

xx
    Originally posted by cvvnaba
    Hi Friends,

I was in USA and working for company A on L1. I applied for H1B through company B. Company B applied for VISA and Change Of Status also. My H1B petition and COS got approved in August 2007.

I returned to India in June 2007 and still working for company A. Please clarify the below questions.

1. Is it legal to travel US on L1 through company A? What will happen to my H1B? Do I required to apply new COS? If you enter with L1, you will be issued your I 94 with caveat "L1", to go back again to H1 you need to do COS once again.2. In case I attend the interview for H1B not got approved , does my L1 still valid and is it legal to travel to US and work on L1.

If your H1 denial is based on your credentials, your L1 may be get cancelled.
    If the denial is based on sponser credential, you can caom back to US with valid L1 visa.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X