Can I take up permanent position after immeidate transfer from L1 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I take up permanent position after immeidate transfer from L1 to H1

Hi, my current h1b employeer is not able to help me find a job. I have been receiving calls for permanent positions. Would it create some legal problem if I take up this permanent position and get my recently received H1B transfered? Infact is it possible for recently received H1 to be transfered. I do not have even a single salary slip from new employer and do not even hold my original h1b approval notice, Please guide..

A copy of the approval notice is enough.

If you dont have payslips, you can ask a letter from your current company that you have been emplyed with them since xx date. You can ask for this letter for some other purpose like DMV is asking for it or your apartment office is asking for it etc. This letter can also be used to transfer H1. But a lot depends on the lawyer handling your case, if he can pull through with this. Remember, the letter must also mention your annual salary.

Comment

Thanks!! one more question..while new lawyer is in process of getting H1B transferred..can existing employer[one who filed the case] get my H1B cancelled or take some legal action against me?

Originally posted by orion
      A copy of the approval notice is enough.

If you dont have payslips, you can ask a letter from your current company that you have been emplyed with them since xx date. You can ask for this letter for some other purpose like DMV is asking for it or your apartment office is asking for it etc. This letter can also be used to transfer H1. But a lot depends on the lawyer handling your case, if he can pull through with this. Remember, the letter must also mention your annual salary.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X