Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAD got approved. is it safe to take up job on EAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD got approved. is it safe to take up job on EAD?

Hello, my EAD got approved. Is it safe to take up a job on this EAD? My ead is on dependant GC. Would my H1 B be cancelled automatically?

If you got your EAD through concurrent filing of I 140/I 485 to gether, better Don't use your EAD and AP until atlest your I 140 gets approved.

USCIS gives everybody EAD/AP within 90 days upon submitting I 485 or I140/I485 concurrent petition, without seeing their merit.
    Applying I 140 does not give any immigration status, this is just a underlying immigration petition only.

If your I 140 gets rejected for some reason(may be sponser deficiency or candidate deficiency) your I 485 petition also gets automatically rejected and EAD and travel petitions are also gets cancelled. If you do not have back up non immigrant valid visa at that time such as L1/H1/H4/F1/F2?b etc you will be out of status.

Originally posted by omni
    Hello, my EAD got approved. Is it safe to take up a job on this EAD? My ead is on dependant GC. Would my H1 B be cancelled automatically?

Comment

GreatGuru, having you said that “Don't use your EAD and AP until at least your I 140 gets approved.....” has raised couple of other questions.

(1) In a situation if associated spouse on H4 who also received approved EAD is it ok to take up any job on EAD? and what will happen to their H4 once new job is taken up on EAD?
      (2) If spouse on H4 accepts job on approved EAD and can primary (H1) still continue to work on h1 until I-140 & 485 gets approved?

Please advise

Comment

Originally posted by arvindkappula
        GreatGuru, having you said that “Don't use your EAD and AP until at least your I 140 gets approved.....” has raised couple of other questions.

(1) In a situation if associated spouse on H4 who also received approved EAD is it ok to take up any job on EAD? and what will happen to their H4 once new job is taken up on EAD?
        (2) If spouse on H4 accepts job on approved EAD and can primary (H1) still continue to work on h1 until I-140 & 485 gets approved?

Please advise
        Answers
        1)YES OKAY to take EAD job for H4 candidate but in case if the EAD was lost due to the reasons Great Guru mentioned or for any other reason, the H4 candidate needs to get his/her H4 status IMMEDIATELY using the original H1 spouse visa.
        2) YES, H4 Spouse is not going to effect the H1 souse but the other way is true(H1 candiate's EAD use will nullify the H4 dependent visa

Comment

Thanks a lot! is EAD approval notice enough to take up job?

Originally posted by YSM
          Answers
          1)YES OKAY to take EAD job for H4 candidate but in case if the EAD was lost due to the reasons Great Guru mentioned or for any other reason, the H4 candidate needs to get his/her H4 status IMMEDIATELY using the original H1 spouse visa.
          2) YES, H4 Spouse is not going to effect the H1 souse but the other way is true(H1 candiate's EAD use will nullify the H4 dependent visa

Comment

Just the loss of EAD will not trigger the need to apply for EAD, only stopping the employment. Only the denial of I-485 will trigger this requirement if the EAD is being used.

The fact that I-485 is pending keeps you legal here.

EAD is just a work authorization and you have to have the card in physical possession before you start work. You need to apply for renewal timely and will have to stop work if the first expires and second is not in hand.

EAD is not a status just a benefit os status.

Approval receipt is not enough, you may accep the job, but start work only after receipt of EAD card.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X