X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed

hello evrybdy..,

I have a peculiar situation.

I got in touch with a consultant in US thro' newspaper ad and got training in a software. Now the consultant has filed a H1 for me but he has not found a job for me yet.
    He says I will be taken as a trainee with few interested emails from other recruiters as supporting documents.And is asking me to fix interview now.

Is it necessary that I must definitely have a job offer in hand or can I proceed as my consultant says..?

Plz give me feedback whether this will work out...

I need help urgently..

Emails are all not valid documents. The US consulate will ask the client's letter stating you are going to have a project. This guy is just fooling around, such people bring you to the US hopefully legally and then dont pay you for 2-3 months blaming you and saying "you are not good enough, so you are not getting calls"and then faking resumes head to toe except your name which is really dumb and foolish in my opinion,not paying for health insurance and then making you sign a bond for 2 years.At the point of leaving..threatening with a stupid legal notice which is not valid at all saying you owe them 20000$.The list goes on about these beggars.The guy is not even being transparent. And then never pay a single penny to him nor give him any of your documents.
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Thanks............n still help needed

dear topcatin..,

you say emails are not valid documents n also say that the consultant can bring me to US leagally .....

A little confused again....

I understand that without a job offer for me, that guy might be fooling me around...Thanks a lot for that revelation... God Bless you for those words...

But will it be possible for me to get thro' the interview at the counsalate leagally with those email docs alone and an offer with the consultant...n not having any offer letter from any of his clients ready for me ...?

Do you know of anyone who has been rejected b'cos of email docs..?
      Or someone who has cleared the interview without a job offer at hand ...?

please advice.....

thanks in advance

Comment

I said "hopefully bring you legally". He has to do it the legal way to bring you to the US, but I have seen cases where the consultants have lied about the qualifications of the applicant and all that with **** experience. Anyway leaving all that aside, with just an offer from a consultant you can go.Nothing wrong in that, but I have seen people face problems. They ask for a letter from the client saying that you have a project.US consulate is aware that you will be working for a consultant and they do ask these documents and they send you back for more documentation. You should have a job offer at hand while going for the interview. Simply saying "we will get you a project" or a email like that doesnt sound strong. Even if this works out, I shared with you the true-color of these consulting companies. Choice is yours. I understand your view of coming to the US and earning money...nothing wrong in that, but be very careful with these indian consulting companies, they sweet talk and do NOTHING in the end. All the best and May God grant you wisdom in this. God Bless
        Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Thanks again.....

dear Topcatin,

thanks a lot for your suggestions.....

If I am to go for the interview only with offer letter from the consultant and emails as supporting docs, plz tell me what other things I have to be careful with...?

And how should I respond if the VO asks for the offer letter from the client...?

Comment

The issue may be with the client letter. In most cases they ask,nnot most ..in all cases from what I have read on this site, people have been asked letter from the client or/and a letter showing that there is an agreement between your consultant and the client that you will be working on XYZ project. You cant really tell the VO that your company will fax or email or mail the client letter...they dont accept this, You should bring it along with you. So go with everything intact. Browse through some of the forums here and they have list of documents you will need from the employer.
            I have seen cases where when the VO asks for more documentation from the employer, the employer just keeps quiet about it and abandons you. I read somewhere,this consulting company asked someone to pay 60000Rs or something and then they kept quiet and never responded when they had to show more documentation which they should have showed. A lot of these indian-consulting companies will say "O thats company's confidential document". All this is a big **** and bull story, that itself shows the employer is not strong or honest enough to show his records or just doesnt have these documents and they pocket the money the applicant is given and escape.Remember by law in the US no employer can keep you under any kind of bond. Why even step into the garbage when you know its dirty? Leave it to you though. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks again.....

dear Topcatin,

your suggestions are very helpful to me...

thank you....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X