Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 Transfer and Extension at same time? Posible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer and Extension at same time? Posible?

Hi,

My H1 with the current employer is getting expired on April-08. I am also thinking of changing my job thru H1 transfer. I have few questions regarding this:
    1. How long does the H1 transfer process take?
    2. How long does H1 extension take?
    2. I will be filing for the Extension in March-08. So do I need to wait for my H1 extension to happen before I file for H1 transfer? Or can I apply for H1 transfer at the same time when the H1 extension is being processed?

I am asking these questions because I have to decide about the timing of the changing my job accordingly.

Thanks
    Leo

H1 issues

[QUOTE=leoman_70]Hi,

My H1 with the current employer is getting expired on April-08. I am also thinking of changing my job thru H1 transfer. I have few questions regarding this:
    1. How long does the H1 transfer process take?

---- If it is a regular transfer it takes 3-4 months. Premium processing takes 2-3 weeks

2. How long does H1 extension take?

---- Same as above

2. I will be filing for the Extension in March-08. So do I need to wait for my H1 extension to happen before I file for H1 transfer? Or can I apply for H1 transfer at the same time when the H1 extension is being processed?

---- If your H1 is expiring in April, you should be thinking of filing your extension in at least January and not later. You can apply for H1 transfer at any time, even today

I am asking these questions because I have to decide about the timing of the changing my job accordingly.

---- There is no need to wait for the completion of the H1 period to apply for a transfer. However, if you are transferring your job and H1 to another compnay, why do you need to apply for an extension

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X