Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desi Employer Exploitation

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some legal advise from all your experts. I am one of the many victims of the exploited Desi Consultants. I came here to US on H4 in the year 2005 and then applied for H1 through a firm in the year 2006 and got approved.
    Technically I was eligible to start working from October 2006, due to some emergency in India I had to visit India in the month of January this year, so went for stamping in the month of November and got stamped. My employer provided me with paystubs when I told him I am going for stamping. But, he didn't run any of the payroll for the months of Nov, Dec and January. When returned from India I started asking him to market me and he has never shown any placements. I was waiting for him to show a placement but, he wasn't able to do so. Atlast I started looking for jobs and ended up getting a full time offer from another firm in the last week of April, suprisingly then started all my troubles. When I asked him to provide the paystubs, he started playing games. He never answered my questions in a straight manner, I was able to expect what this freak is thinking of....and then asked him how much I would need to pay to get the paystubs. He asked me to pay all the money that would be required to pay for the paystubs I was asking for and also company profit of $3000, as I was leaving early and also H1b costs and he said there won't be any negotiations on this. I ended up paying $8000 to him to get three paystubs from this idiot. So, he provided me the paystubs for the months of April and May 1st week. So, I was able to get my paystubs and apply for a transfer with the other firm.

Now, what I am seeking is will there be any chance to fight with this employer to get my unpaid time..??? i.e, for the months of Nov, Dec 2006 and Jan through March of 2007.....??? I know I can't argue that I was not paid for the months of April and May 1st week because he has a proof in the form of paystubs and I will be left helpless out there. So, will there be any chance that I can recover atleast a part of this unpaid time...???

I have found at a lot different places to fill out an WH4 form and send it across to the DOL...what I am wondering is what I would check for under the "Description of Alleged H-1B Violations"...???

Can someone please let me know how I can teach this freaking desi consultant a lesson..??

I would really appreciate if someone please responds to this and Thanks so much for reading through this post...!!

Whatever the case may be, please don't use racist statements.

I am sorry to hear about your problems but whatever the case may be, please don't use racist statements.

Do not sterotype any particular race or regional people for your problems.

Thank you for your understanding.

Wish you good luck.
    Last edited by knowledgeable; 11-01-2007, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I understand what you have gone through. Even I had a hard time with a indian-consultant, I dont blame you for stereotyping or anything.These fellows should be slippered and thrown out of the country. Report him to "better business burueau". If you really have the money and time, contact a good lawyer and put this fool in his place. Wish you the very best!

Knowledgeable, the sad state is many of us have fallen prey to fools and morons such as the one mentioned here by johnwright and this forum shows a lot of cases related with indian-consultants.The fact is these fellows need punishment and there is nothing racist over here but the fact is indian-consultants are big time morons,crooks and beggars.
      Last edited by topcatin; 11-01-2007, 08:46 AM.
      Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

I agree .... but ...

I agree that bad guys should be punished and to the fullest extent of the law. There are many ways to at least make sure the company and the owner(s) is/are black listed.

However, please do understand that this forum is an open Internet based and read/used by people not only in the United States but all over the globe.

Using racist statements for "desis" is directly attacking all the people of a particular region and making everybody look bad.

Do remember there are many from this region who're great, have achieved success through sincerity and honest hard work. You guys may be one of these good people too.

If you have the time, energy and resources you can try to make a strong point of your problems with the labor department, in writing..

Write to your state's senator and to your local representative. Elections are around the corner, your politicians will surely listen to you!

Then write to your local newspaper editors, start a blog, add in Sulekha.com and Craigslist.com.

Basically if you hit all the points and if more and more people start doing this, there's bound to be positive changes benefiting everybody.

HOWEVER, what happens is that all of us vent our anger towards someone or something else and once we get our work done, we forget about the whole thing.

Just do a favor and make sure you list the company's name specifically with full contact information as well as the employer(s) name(s). However, PLEASE DO NOT mention words like desis etc. These do not apply to professional people, like all of us.

I hope you understand.

Good luck to all.
        Last edited by knowledgeable; 11-01-2007, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I agree with what you said.Ofcourse there are good people too,but I highly doubt whether there are good consulting companies. I agree desi didnt sound professional,but not that it was an attack on the corrupt indian-consulting companies and not the whole region. Will look at alternatives like you mentioned about starting a blog or/and creating awareness in other websites.
          Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

It would be best if everyone concentrated on H and L visa related issues on this particular forum.

Let's not get into unnecessary arguments that do not do any good to any one.

No matter how frustrated people are, they should post remarks strictly that would help them find a better solution. And anyone that wants to help them should also strictly focus on answering the questions, finding solutions etc.

Request to everyone. Please refrain from religious, ethnic, cultural wars of any kind on this forum.
            Keep the discussion related to immigration, visa, law and so on.

Please!
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X